Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Time Files...

As most of our class was still trying to decompress from the hectic, hustle-and-bustle of the Paris weekend and the day trip to Oxford, the excursion to Hyde Park was definitely welcomed by all. It seemed quite appropriate that at the entrance to the children’s park had a small clock tower with the words “Time Flies” on it, as the reality began to register in my mind that our time in London was drawing to a close. But I think everyone also took it as a challenge to enjoy the time we had left.

I had this challenge in the back of mind as our group adjourned after lunch that afternoon. Even though my classmate Tara and I had gone on a “practical” mode of souvenir shopping, I found myself still taking long looks at some of the sites we had already seen early on—the Eye, the Thames, Big Ben, Abbey Road… Despite the many photographs I had taken over these last three weeks, I somehow I felt the need to experience these sights once more in person. I expect that I will be in the same mode for the remainder of my time here in London.

As the clock tower said, time does indeed fly...

1 comment: