Wednesday, July 14, 2010

London Calling...


Well, after a few last-minute errands and travel supply acquisitions, I can safely say that I'm pretty much ready to go. It's actually nice to have an evening departure, as it gives you most of the day to get everything ready and once all of the packing and other related tasks are done, you can actually relax for a little bit before heading out. Since my flight doesn't depart until 9:40, my family will be picking me up at around 5:00 and we'll have time to have dinner together before dropping me off at the airport.



The luggage is pretty full, but there was enough room for everything and I don't have to sit on it to get it closed. My cat Oliver doesn't seem to be too overly concerned yet that I'm leaving, though he stayed close by while I was packing. He'll be going along on the trip anyway as a mascot, in the form of a small, stuffed orange cat. I think the mascot is definitely more excited about going to London than Oliver is...

I've also come to realize that with a laptop, iPod, noise cancellation headphones, digital camera, Blackberry, along with all of the cables, adapters, and power supplies, I will definitely be bringing more electronic gadgets on a trip than I ever have before. Going through security should be interesting.

Typically, the reality of going overseas doesn't really sink in for me until I'm on the plane, and perhaps more specifically when the plane is actually over the ocean. That's usually the point where I can begin to think about the trip itself. That should be happening in perhaps 10 or 11 hours from now.

Having said that, the next post will hopefully be from across the pond! Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment